BridgePal Scoring System
The BridgePal scoring system is intuitive, feature rich, and and easy to use. The hand record related features in the list below are optional and individually configurable by the director from the BridgeScore scoring program:
- BridgeScore is a free bridge scoring program, handling Duplicate Pairs and Multiple Teams events. It is English language only and it supports master point calculation for
all UK NBOs as well as Ireland, New Zealand, and Australia. It could be suitable for unaffiliated clubs in other countries.
- Scoring units are automatically configured with the network address of the scoring PC
- At the start of the session, the table number and club-assigned player numbers are input into the scoring unit
- Validation checks can be applied to contract entry on the scoring unit if hand records are available for the session
- After each board has been played the scoring unit displays a traveller showing the results so far for this board
- At the end of the round the scoring unit directs NS and EW pairs to the appropriate table, and shows the board numbers to be played at the current table
- Hand entry on the scoring unit is supported if boards are shuffled at the table rather than predealt, with automatic calculation of makeable contracts on the scoring unit. The consolidated set of hands from all scoring units is saved in a PBN file which is updated as each hand is recorded and is therefore available to support all the hand record related features when the boards are played at other tables.
- Hands and makeable contracts can be viewed on the scoring unit after the boards have been played at the table
- After a board is played at the table it may be played again in double dummy mode, with card by card guidance, on the scoring unit
- BridgePal has excellent recovery facilities. If a scoring unit battery runs down during a session it is straightforward to replace it with another unit. The session continues from the point at which the original scoring unit failed. Similarly, if the scoring PC or wireless router is rebooted the BridgePal app on each scoring unit will continue from the correct point in the session when the network connection to the PC is restored.
- At the end of the session, a ranking table is displayed on the scoring unit. If some tables are still playing a Refresh button allows the ranking table to be updated on the scoring unit to reflect new scores