Download PC Components
The following components should be downloaded and installed on the PC. After installing all of the software please refer to Appendix 1 of the BridgePal Systems Guide for further information
on configuring the PC.
Note: If you are upgrading from a pre-v1.6 release of BridgePalServices then you must ensure that you install and reconfigure the latest version of the BridgePal app as described in the section on "Scoring Unit Setup". This is because the apache configuration has now been changed to use port 1357 on the PC rather than the default port 80. This is to avoid possible conflict with other software components which may have been installed on the target PC. Reconfiguration of the BridgePal app is simplified by using the new semi-automated configuration procedure.
This installer carries out a number of functions:
- it installs the Apache 2.4 web server in C:\Apache24 and the PHP server in C:\PHP5.
- It installs the Visual C++ 2010 runtime library required by Apache 2.4.
- It installs the Visual C++ 2008 runtime library required by PHP.
- It starts the apache server and also configures it to run at subsequent system startups. The user may also be prompted to click on a button to unblock the Windows firewall for apache, so that external requests from the scoring units will be able to reach apache.
If a previous installation of BridgePalServices exists the installer will attempt to close down the apache web server and uninstall it if it is currently installed.
2. BridgePal Server
Note: If you install v1.4.6 or later of the BridgePal Server, you must upgrade to v3.0.1 or later of BridgeScore
3. BridgeScore scoring program