Author Topic: Lenovo Tab3 Essential 7 inch - Including how I set it up...  (Read 2846 times)

Peter W

• View Profile
Craven Arms Bridge Club has now voted to adopt BridgePal! Having seen tablets in operation at Knighton (thanks to all there - especially Neville) we decided to go with a 7 inch device rather than a 4 or 5 inch phone. Argos have a good deal on the Lenovo Tab3 Essential at the moment; they are £70 if you want blue or black but £50 if you're OK with purple. So we now have 10 purple tablets. I've set them all up and they seem perfect, although they haven't been used at the club yet - I'll report as we go on the Club Tips board. They have a nice IPS screen with a 16:9 aspect ratio, which together with a fairly narrow bezel means it doesn't take up too much room on the table. They also have a good battery capacity at 3550 mAh, which is about 15-20% more than many 7 inch tablets. Lastly I can get spare parts for these (batteries, LCD, digitizer) and having watched a few YouTube videos I'm confident I can repair them (there will also be many on eBay for spares).

Update, 18 Apr 2018 - Purple are now back to £70 but blue are now on offer £50 instead. I can't say I understand their marketing strategy but I still think they're good value.

I've now attached details of how I set up these tablets - which may also be of use setting up any similar tablets, especially if running Android version 5 (Lollipop).

Update, 25 Apr 2018 - All colours now back to £70. I can't now find a 7 inch tablet I'd recommend for less than £60.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 14:00:21 by Peter W »

Dglaz

• View Profile
Re: Lenovo Tab3 Essential 7 inch - Including how I set it up...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 17:38:38 »
To this helpful guide I would add a minor step "In Settings/Security select "ScreenLock" and set to "None"

It took me a while to realise that on some of our newer tablets Screen Lock was set to "Swipe" by default.

David