Author Topic: Setting up Alcatel Pixi 4 4inch mobile  (Read 6063 times)

Mirna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Setting up Alcatel Pixi 4 4inch mobile
« on: December 27, 2016, 18:54:39 »
Here is how I set up our Alcatel Pixi 4 4inch, in case anybody would find it useful. We use our BridgePals for scoring only and not to make phone calls.
  • Remove sim card if inserted or don't insert it.
  • Switch phone on and start setup.
  • Question Insert SIM card? - SKIP.
  • Connect to my home wifi to get Internet access. To do this select your home wireless network, tick Show password, enter password then NEXT
  • Have another device? - No thanks - NEXT
  • Login into our BridgePal Google account using our BridgePal gmail address, we use the same gmail address for all our BridgePals. You can create a new account, e.g. bpalyourclubname@gmail.com, and use this for all BridgePals. ACCEPT terms.
  • Google Services - untick/turn off all of the services offered (automatically backup device data, help apps find your location, help improve your android experience...). NEXT
  • Do not enter your payment details when asked - No, thanks, CONTINUE.
  • Do not enter another email address when asked - click Not now.
  • Untick Protect this device. SKIP - SKIP ANYWAY
  • Welcome to your new launcher - Next  ... Start
  • Allow Onetouch Launcher to ... make... DENY... THEN ... to access...DENY...  THEN ... to send...DENY... THEN to direct... DENY, again if asked, maybe should tick never ask again
  • Welcome GOT IT
  • Remove all icons from the BridgePal desktop, except the app drawer (bottom middle). To remove an icon - touch and hold then drag to Remove.
  • Go to Playstore, install BridgePal, add icon to desktop. While in Playstore, disable Auto-update apps (playstore menu-Settings).
  • Go to Settings.
    • Bluetooth off.
    • Gestures untick all.
    • Display.
      • Brightness level 66% approx, saves battery
      • Auto-rotate screen untick.
      • Sleep after 1 minute of inactivity.
    • Notification light Low Battery tick, Events untick
    • Lock settings Screen lock None.
    • Security all off except make password visible.

I also switched the phone to aeroplane mode. When I did that this turned wi-fi off, so I had to turn it back on afterwards.
Switching the phone to aeroplane mode is supposed to save battery life, but I' m not sure if this is relevant when the phone is used without the sim card. In fact I wonder if removing sim card saves battery life?

Connect to BridgePal router and enter password...

That's more or less all...

... except we also got gel cases and screen protectors here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S-Line-Soft-Silicon-Gel-Case-For-Smart-Phone-Alcatel-Pixi-4-4-/272519737478?var=&hash=item3f73713086:m:mqJG9N-DXlXeYzhOUq21dvw

Glass screen protectors can also be found on eBay, they look nice, but need to be careful not to break them when fitting them.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 15:02:50 by Mirna »

Reg Hull

• View Profile
Re: Setting up Alcatel Pixi 4 4inch mobile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 20:33:19 »
The Gel cases and screen protectors from this website also come with also come Dobbers/ Stylus Touchscreen pens.
These are a fantastic accessory and most people at Oxted use them. I have also puchased some retractable ones so they are easier to hold. They were £2 for 5 at the following link.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Premium-Quality-Crystal-Retractable-Samsung/dp/B014RC40I4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485115662&sr=8-1&keywords=retractable+stylus+pens

There are lots of styles etc out there at really cheap prices. It my be worth getting more expensive ones to see if they are more robust but for now these are fab..

Also. Tips for the screen protectors. 1) Make sure the screen is clean. Use some form of screen cleaner or alcohol. 2) Use a credit card to smooth it on a bit at a time. This removes all air bubbles as you go along.

Reg
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 21:58:31 by Reg Hull »

Mirna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Glass screen protectors
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 21:52:24 »
I bought several glass screen protectors here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152493730301?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

They look beautiful and have a nice touch screen feel.

I had an accident when installing the second one. I tried to remove a big bubble and in doing so I cracked the protector. Luckily the phone screen wasn't damaged. However, subsequently all installations went very well. Screen has to be perfectly clean, need dust free environment.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 16:20:18 by Mirna »