Author Topic: Using a Projector to Display Results  (Read 3366 times)

Reg Hull

• View Profile
Using a Projector to Display Results
« on: January 24, 2017, 12:18:56 »
Anyone got any thoughts on using a projector to display the scrolling results etc.
I know of 1 club that debated this with its members, i.e. As to whether they wanted the ongoing results displaying as they were playing or just at the end.
They decided to display them at 1/2 way and then at the end.
You can pick up a cheap mini/small projector for c£35 from the likes of Amazon so would not be a prohibitive cost.

Regards
Reg

johng

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Using a Projector to Display Results
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 12:36:27 »
There is a button on the Bridgescore wireless control panel under the heading "Allow Ranking Display" where you can enable display of the ranking at any time during the session that a traveller is on display on the BridgePal, not just at the end of the session.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 13:50:36 by Mirna »

Alaric

• View Profile
Re: Using a Projector to Display Results
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 12:28:26 »
At Mountnessing we usually display the scrolling results on the laptop from the end of round 2.  We don't enable the rankings on the scoring devices until the start of the penultimate round, on the grounds that it would slow down the movement and we usually struggle to keep the session running to time.  this is all a hugely debatable issue, e.g., does it affect players' tactics, etc?  If you took any 4 Bridge players you would probably get 5 different opinions as to the rights and wrongs.  The important thing is that the system provides you with the options to do whatever your club policy dictates.  Some (wealthy) clubs with their own dedicated premises have 'big screens' that they might use for training / teaching as well as for results displays.  I don't think it takes 'rocket science' to connect a normal laptop to such a screen, though I have never personally done so.

Alaric