Author Topic: Lenovo Tab3 Essential 7 inch - Including how I set it up...  (Read 172 times)

Peter W

• View Profile
Craven Arms Bridge Club has now voted to adopt BridgePal! Having seen tablets in operation at Knighton (thanks to all there - especially Neville) we decided to go with a 7 inch device rather than a 4 or 5 inch phone. Argos have a good deal on the Lenovo Tab3 Essential at the moment; they are 70 if you want blue or black but 50 if you're OK with purple. So we now have 10 purple tablets. I've set them all up and they seem perfect, although they haven't been used at the club yet - I'll report as we go on the Club Tips board. They have a nice IPS screen with a 16:9 aspect ratio, which together with a fairly narrow bezel means it doesn't take up too much room on the table. They also have a good battery capacity at 3550 mAh, which is about 15-20% more than many 7 inch tablets. Lastly I can get spare parts for these (batteries, LCD, digitizer) and having watched a few YouTube videos I'm confident I can repair them (there will also be many on eBay for spares).

Update, 18 Apr 2018 - Purple are now back to 70 but blue are now on offer 50 instead. I can't say I understand their marketing strategy but I still think they're good value.

I've now attached details of how I set up these tablets - which may also be of use setting up any similar tablets, especially if running Android version 5 (Lollipop).

Update, 25 Apr 2018 - All colours now back to 70. I can't now find a 7 inch tablet I'd recommend for less than 60.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 14:00:21 by Peter W »