BridgePal Scoring System
(See submenus below for more details).
- PC Setup - see
- Setup laptop power options to 'never', i.e. laptop doesn't hibernate while playing - a standard setting for wireless scoring
- Run Windows Update on the laptop then disable Windows Update, to prevent interference in the club
- Replace virus checker with Microsoft Windows Defender, set no scheduled disk scans. Some virus checkers interfere with BridgePal setup, in particular with firewall. Disk scans in the middle of the scoring session can slow down the system. See this item on BridgePal Forum for advice.
- Install BridgePal software - BridgePal Services, BridgePal Server - see .
- Configure/ setup router/ wifi network. Plan where and how in the club to site it for the best connectivity. It is advisible to place it above the eye level - see
- Configure mobile phones or tablets. See Scoring Unit Setup and also BridgePal Forum for an example.
Connect Scoring Units for the first time -
- Plug in / Switch on scoring router and the laptop, don't forget to switch on the mains socket switch
- Check that BridgePalservices Monitor (a pair of cogwheels on task bar) is running and that all services are active and BridgePal broadcast is running.
- Switch on the scoring devices. Connect them to the BridgePal router for the first time by entering the wifi password. They should automatically connect each time after this.
- Start BridgePal app. The message 'Connected. Session not yet started' should be displayed.
Now Scoring Program setup-
- Install scoring program - see Scoring Programs.
- Start scoring program for the first time and setup club and wireless details if necessary
- Enter player names via Player Database / Names screen, or import them if available -
- For example if you have a Bridgewebs website and you uploaded Player db from Scorebridge or PairsScorer to Bridgewebs, you can import them into BridgeScore from there.
- Alternatively you can create a names.txt file in BridgeScore format for import to BridgeScore - see advice on
- Set/change Player No's to your liking and optionally print them (via Names / Print menu in BridgeScore) for use in the club.