Author Topic: Minimum Android version  (Read 680 times)

ChrisDoyle

• View Profile
Minimum Android version
« on: May 22, 2023, 16:31:29 »
I am considering buying some very cheap Samsung phones so as to use Bridge Pal. They have Android 2.0 operating system - will that run the app?

johng

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Minimum Android version
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 16:43:32 »
I would definitely advise against purchasing these. I think the lowest android release we ever tested with BridgePal was 2.2 or 2.3. The app may not even install on earlier versions of android. The version of the app on the google play store supports android 4.0.1 upwards. There is a link on the BridgePal site to a version that supports 2.2 but there will no future updates to that version.

Mirna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 21:36:23 »
I would just like to add that regardless of which device you choose, it might be a good idea to buy just one first and check that it is suitable. It is worth checking that battery life is reasonable and the screen size and responsivness is satisfactory.

ChrisDoyle

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 22:37:28 »
Thank you for your advice. I have now found a batch of HTC phones for sale running Android 4, so I will try one of these.

Mirna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 23:07:22 »
Also it is worth keeping in mind that if you want to be able to display hand records you need at least 5 inch screen. We used to find 4 inch screen too small although the display did fit. Our Alcatel POP 4 with 5 inch screen is ideal. Our members all say they really liked them. However when they are given any of our 7 inch tablets, they always feel really privileged. 🙂 Alcatel POP 4 have a fantastic battery, it lasts for 3 sessions. I found that some sellers replace the original battery with an inferior one. I returned one like this on one occasion and didn't buy anything any more from this seller even when he offered to replace the battery with the original one.