Author Topic: Can the player number field be expanded?  (Read 2073 times)

• View Profile
Can the player number field be expanded?
« on: July 17, 2018, 22:44:19 »

I run a small duplicate session at a local senior center once a week.  We have been using paper scoring that is sometimes painful to reconcile.  I started looking for a wireless solution and have found BridgePal, which looks like the answer to my prayer.

I have decided to fill the player member numbers with the players ID numbers that are issued by the center.  While in the center they wear ID badges with the number on them.  My decision is based on not wanting the players to have a number that I arbitrarily assign.

My problem is that the Names form only allows 4 digits to be entered and the ID numbers I have are 5 digits.  I have gotten around it so far by importing names and numbers.  Even editing a name after entering it into the database only allows 4 digits although it preserves the 5 digit number that I have imported.

Thank you for the consideration.
A living example of Artificial Intelligence.

johng

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can the player number field be expanded?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 16:37:01 »
I assume you are using the latest version of the various software components. The software allows a player to be identified either by a local club id, or by the player's id in the national bridge organisation (NBO). The NBO id can be up to 8 digits long. You don't say in which country your session takes place, or whether you are affiliated to an NBO, so I am assuming not. In this case the solution is straightforward. In BridgeScore, on the "Club Admin" screen, set Country(NBO) to "other". Then, when you add names using BridgeScore, type the corresponding 5 digit id into the "NBU Number" field on the "Add/Edit Name" screen. You can leave the "Player ID" field on this screen blank.

On BridgePal, you can now key in the 5 digit numbers that you have entered in BridgeScore and it will pick up the corresponding names.

• View Profile
Re: Can the player number field be expanded?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 12:44:20 »
Thanks!
A living example of Artificial Intelligence.