Author Topic: Android devices  (Read 3132 times)

Red_Kite

• View Profile
Android devices
« on: October 21, 2017, 17:42:48 »
In Mid Wales we now have eleven Alcatel Pixi4 in use, plus six BT Flame 7inch tablets, plus ten Aigo 6inch tablets. We are using Belkin G wireless routers bought off Ebay for a few pounds and they are working perfectly.
The ten Aigo tablets have now been updated with the latest app 1.5.3 and it will be interesting to see whether our users prefer the phones or tablets as some had found the flip of the screen for viewing traveller disconcerting on the tablets.
I have six more 7inch tablets on their way for supply to Cardigan Bridge Club.

Tablets and Pixi4 have silicone back covers, with the phones having tempered glass screen protectors.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 19:19:14 by Red_Kite »

johng

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Android devices
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 17:55:23 »
Just to clarify for the casual reader, Red_Kite is referring to the screen automatically flipping into landscape mode when the traveller is displayed, then back to portrait mode for the next display. Version 1.5.3 of the BridgePal app allows this feature to be disabled, in which case the traveller is displayed in portrait mode (unless the user rotates the device).

John

Mirna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Android devices
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 21:25:39 »
They look lovely, I know exactly how you feel. I bought most of the phones, glass screen protectors and shiny gel cases on eBay.
Mirna  :)