Author Topic: Import/Export of Membership Database  (Read 3683 times)

Dglaz

• View Profile
Import/Export of Membership Database
« on: December 18, 2018, 14:24:11 »
I have been trying to import the player database from Bridgeweb without success. I tried to Import Names from Bridgeweb but ended up with an empty file.

I have been provided with a copy of the club's database, downloaded from Bridgeweba nd tried to import it, but again end up with an empty file.

Looking at the headings I notice great differences.

A dummy database input into Bridgescore outputs in the format:

First Name   Last Name   Nickname   EBUNo         Club Member No   Master Point Rank         Guest   Post Code   Rank   Club Code   Handicap

But the file originating from Bridgeweb is formatted :

SURNAME   FIRSTNAME   DISP   EMAIL   PHONE   MOBILE   EBU   STATUS   CSTAT   EGROUP   OPTLIST   OPTBULK   OPTEMAIL   OPTPHONE   OPTMOBILE   OPTRANK   OPTPTREMAIL   OPTPTRPHONE   OPTPTRMOBILE   COMP   JOIN   LEAVE   MPRANK   MPTS   RENEWAL   WWW   CLUBID   ALIAS   CLUB1   CLUB2   CLUB3   CLUB4   CLUB5   CLUB6   CLUB7   CLUB8   ADDRESS1   ADDRESS2   TOWN   COUNTY   COUNTRY   POSTCODE

I am unfamiliar with Bridgeweb but I am fairly sure Bridgescore is setup to exchange information with it seamlessly, and it is not actually necessary to reformat the datatabase file. I'd be grateful for any advice on what I have missed.

David

Mirna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Import/Export of Membership Database
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 15:14:53 »
Bridgewebs differentiates between BWMDB (bridgewebs member db) and SPDB (scoring program db). When you import names from Bridgewebs it imports them from SPDB. I assume that player db hasn't been uploaded to Bridgewebs from your previous scoring program (Scorebridge?). In Scorebridge go to Exchange Files and Upload Player DB to Bridgewebs. This will update SPDB. In BridgeScore you can then Import it from Bridgewebs.
Mirna

Dglaz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 17:47:49 »
Thanks for the prompt reply. I am assured that the SPDB is updated monthly from Scorebridge so I will contact Bridgewebs to see if they can find a problem with our database(s).

Mirna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 23:51:16 »
If you log into Bridgewebs admin - Membership-  Player DB you should be able to see your BWMDB and SPDB

Dglaz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 09:04:36 »
Thanks

As I mentioned I am not familiar with Bridgeweb. When I last scored at my previous club it was with pen and paper in a smoke-filled bar in the 80s! So I have not used any of the scoring programs nor Bridgeweb. I am trying to pick up the information from the clubs's current scorers who do use Scorebridge.

I have now been given access to Bridgeweb and I can see the membership database, but although I am assured the SBDB is uploaded there each month, on reflection i cannot see it - but a 'screen comparing the 2 DBs show no errors.
I am waiting for Gwynne of Bridgwebs to respond,

Mirna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 15:15:08 »
Hi David,
This has now been resolved - see BridgeScore 4.0.3
Mirna