Author Topic: Custom Movements  (Read 3236 times)

JohnB

• View Profile
Custom Movements
« on: November 24, 2017, 17:14:20 »
We (Lisvane Bridge Club, Cardiff) have recently implemented Bridgescore/Bridgepal and are very enthusiastic about it. For the previous 3 years we were using BOS/Bridgetab scoring on 7 inch tablets. While this system undoubtedly works it much less simple to use than Bridgescore. One of the great advantages we see in Bridgescore, apart from the simplicity, is the ability to produce custom movements. We have between 5 and 12 tables for a session and operate one-winner movements with a maximum of 24 boards; in another session we have a maximum of 21 boards  We have produced custom movements for all of these sessions which means that movement entry is essentially a one-click process. No variables like board numbers, number and timing of arrow switches, are required to be entered and thus the possibility of errors is virtually eliminated. They are all built in to the custom movements. I would imagine that these would be attractive to other users and will happily provide a file, incorporating all movements, on request. All that is required is that this file be imported into the Movement Library - User section. All the movements can be renamed to suit your own individual requirements.

John Basford

email: 44cardiff@gmail.com

David

• View Profile
Re: Custom Movements
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 00:06:23 »
Thank you for this post, after spending weeks trying to work Bridgetabs.  I found BridgePal and had it working in a day.  Such clear instructions.  Your advice on exporting movements and reimporting and changing the name took me a while but I finally got it, thanks. 

I have found the movements I want up to 8 tables.  For 9 tables I just want a standard Mitchell 27 boards with arrow switch and not play the last 3.  I cant see that in the movement Library.

Presumably you have that in the Custom movements you are offering to share.  I would be interested in receiving a copy and if it doesn't include a standard Mitchell with Arrow Switch, do you know how I get that?

David . (david@gable.org.uk)

Mirna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Movements
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 10:25:04 »
You can define any standard Mitchell on the Event-Define Movement screen. When you enter this screen the default movement is Mitchell as shown on top of the screen. You need to enter
Number of Tables, in your case =9
Number of Rounds, in your case =8 as you don't want to play the last round
Boards per round = 3

Select Winners as One
Enter arrow switch round, perhaps 8 as you are not playing the last round.

However if you want to add the movement to a list of custom movements, you need to predefine it in the Movement library.

If you want to contact JohnB, it might be a good idea to email him as his post is 2 years old and he is unlikely to notice your reply.

Mirna