Author Topic: Individual Movements  (Read 1299 times)

DHDunford

• View Profile
Individual Movements
« on: May 09, 2022, 21:51:50 »
What is the current status of BridgePal when used with EBUScore for an individual movement?  I read that it used not to handle names correctly - has this changed?

PS: I used BridgePal for a Swiss Teams session for the first time yesterday and it was an absolute dream.

johng

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Individual Movements
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 10:17:10 »
No, the situation is still as before:

BridgePal can be used to input scores for Individual movements but it will not show the correct move instructions for the South and West players, only for North and East. Therefore, it's best to turn off display of move instructions (this can be done via the BridgePal Server settings screen). Also, it would be best to turn off display of percentages and ranking on BridgePal as these will also be incorrect for Individual movements. The correct results will of course be calculated and displayed by the scoring program.

I can't say at present whether we will implement full support of Individual movements on BridgePal in a future release.

johng

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 20:11:18 »
I've been looking into this further. I think it shouldn't be too difficult to enhance the code to display the correct names on the Round screen and the Display Move screen, for Individual movements, so I'm working on these changes and hope I'll be able to release it in the not too distant future.

Reg Hull

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 17:34:09 »
Brilliant news.
I would use this functionality

:)

Reg Hull

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 17:38:30 »
I did not think Swiss Teams was available on BridgePal.
Do you mean Teams with travellers?

johng

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 18:31:34 »
Swiss Teams is supported by BridgePal, providing the scoring program supports it (e.g. EBUScore). It is not supported by BridgeScore. The same will apply to Individual events.

Reg Hull

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2022, 21:14:27 »
Thanks for the clarification John. I meant BridgeScore not BridgePal

johng

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2022, 18:39:54 »
I have now uploaded BridgePal Server Release 2.4.2. This contains support for the correct display of player names and move instructions for events of type Individual. See the release information section of the forum for the release note which gives full details.

Note that BridgeScore does not support Individual events, so it would be necessary to use an alternative program such as EBUScore for running these events.