Author Topic: Problem setting-up BridgeScore  (Read 445 times)

tclulow

• View Profile
Problem setting-up BridgeScore
« on: February 23, 2023, 11:47:47 »
I'm trying to set-up BridgeScorer with BridgePal but having difficulty following the instructions here:

https://www.mirgo2.co.uk/bridgescore/documents/BridgePalBridgeScoreGuide.pdf

I have the Event window open but as you can see in the attached screen shot there's no "Wireless Options" or "NGS" (whatever that is) menu options. I'm also unclear what the ellipsis after the "Handicaps" menu option mean. They don't seem to have any function.

I have my Wifi up and running just fine - I can browse the web from this PC.
The BridgePal app on my phone connects (once I've started BridgePalServices) but persistently reports "Session not yet started".

Clearly there's a WiFi communication problem, but how do I enable it?
I'm running Windows 10 if that's important. Also, probably not significant, but I rarely run Windows on this PC (it normally boots to Ubuntu) but it came with Windows installed. I've done nothing with it in that boot mode until now.

Tony.

Mirna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem setting-up BridgeScore
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 12:00:07 »
Hi Tony,
You need to go to Club Admin on the front page of BridgeScore and select Wireless on the Wireless Scoring panel.
You will then need to create a new event for this change to take effect - the existing old event can be deleted.
In the User Guide under the  Initial Setup it says: "Set your Club Details, Wireless Scoring details and BridgeWebs details if required." I guess the Wireless Scoring details would cover this.
Regards
Mirna