Author Topic: Sky router not working  (Read 4298 times)

Mirna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sky router not working
« on: December 27, 2016, 18:10:28 »
A couple of users reported that they cannot get Sky router to work for BridgePals. Also, the following thread on internet shows other users have been unable to get devices on a local network talking to each other via this router:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/Setting-Up-A-LAN-How-To-Do-It-Sky-Router/td-p/2391795
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 14:19:23 by johng »

JohnB

• View Profile
Re: Sky router not working
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 18:06:56 »
Our experience with routers is that those provided by ISPs - e.g. BT are not really suitable for a Tablets session. They are set up to work optimally with a small number of devices whereas even very cheap off the shelf routers work perfectly well with large numbers of devices.

johng

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2017, 10:24:57 »
Just wanted to say that while it may be true of some ISPs, it's not always the case. A couple of clubs, Otford and St Julians, are using a TalkTalk Super Router HG533 (see the thread at http://mirgo2.co.uk/bridgepal_forum/index.php?topic=36.0 ).
St Julians have used this for club sessions with at least 18 tables.

Dglaz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 09:47:30 »
Our WIn7 laptop was working perfectly with a sky SR101 router unconnected to the internet but the laptop has just packed up. I tried using my home laptop running Win 10 but found that the SR101 kept sending a notification that its diagnostics had detected that the (non-existent) internet connection had failed. This seems to be a result of moving to Win10. The popup notification  interrupted the polling of the tablets until the notification was closed down.

So I am about to try our old Talktalk router instead.

Dglaz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2022, 15:39:27 »
Just to upate: reverting to the TalkTalk router resolved the problem - the setup now works with Win10