Author Topic: Bridgescore Error Message  (Read 2735 times)

Dglaz

• View Profile
Bridgescore Error Message
« on: February 04, 2020, 09:42:50 »
 One of our scorers received error messages stating that Bridgescore needed to be uodated (although we were all already running 4017)Hope t, but when she tried to do so from the program itself received another error message :

Runprogram Error

Program expected in c:\temp\BridgescoreInsta1407.exe
The following error occurred:
Invalid call or procedure argument number 5.

2 of us have reproduced this, I think we have solved it by downloading the Bridgescore program manually and reinstalling it from the HDD. Even so, it could not close Bridgescore which was open (I think it usually does).

We are running Windows 10 of various flavours and I know that at least 2 of us are fullyl up to date. My latest Windows updates were to the .Net Framework routines on 20/1 and then a Cumulative update for version 1909 on 31/1

Hope this helps others

Mirna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bridgescore Error Message
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 10:06:33 »
Could you please email the file c:\temp\versionbridgescore.txt and c:\temp\BridgeScoreInstall407.exe. You might have to change the  .exe filename extension to something else (like .pse) to let it go smoothly through the email.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 10:53:27 by Mirna »

Dglaz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 19:51:39 »
Another scorer at a different (local) club has had the same problem. Manually reinstalling Bridgescore solved it for her also.

Mirna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 08:18:09 »
I cannot comment further about the problem until I receive the files requested above.
Re 'manually reinstalliing BridgeScore' - I assume you upgraded it from the website without uninstalling it first. This would have preserved the database.

Dglaz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 18:20:07 »
I just discovered that Gmail blocked the sending of the '.pse' file on 4/2 but because I used an email client I did not receive a notification so I have had to send it today as a link. To clarify, downloading the Bridgescore 407 Installation file and running it solved the problem, but only after manually shutting down the running copy of Bridgescore ( my recollection is that the installation process normally shuts it down automatically, but I may have remembered incorrectly). I also checked the club laptop but it is running Win7 and I cannot find the 2 files you requested on it.

I have asked other scorers to send me the relevant files from their computers BEFORE reinstalling Bridgescore and will forward them to you if I get any back.

Mirna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 18:46:40 »
Thank you, David. I received both files.

If you do the upgrade from the BridgeScore Upgrade menu, then BridgeScore will shut down before the upgrade starts.
If you upgrade from the website, then you have to shut down BridgeScore manually.

I checked both files and they both seem OK. The files are from the folder c:\temp and BridgescoreInstall407.exe would have been used by BridgeScore when it crashed with the above message.  I tried running it on our testing laptop and it worked as normal. I don't know if these files are from the PC that had the original problem.
It would be good if you could send the files from the other scorers laptops, when they get the BridgeScore upgrade error. This would mean that they try to upgrade even though they are already on the latest version.

Dglaz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2020, 19:59:03 »
I have asked our scorers (and those from Cross-in-Hand) to do that but I fear that the ones using Win10 have already run the upgrade process and the other 2 run under Win7 but I will double check. We do have a backup laptop which runs Win10 so I will copy the files from that on Monday and send them to you.

Mirna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 20:39:50 »
Just to make sure we are on the same page - I would like the files after they have tried and failed the upgrade process from BridgeScore. Ty.