Author Topic: Names not displaying  (Read 1797 times)

DHDunford

• View Profile
Names not displaying
« on: February 16, 2020, 21:18:26 »
I'm just trying out BridgePal with EBUScore, with which I regret I'm not particularly familiar. I've downloaded the EBU player database into EBUScore and am entering the EBU number for the player on the tablet. This registers within EBUScore and shows the name of the player along with the EBU number. But the tablet just shows "noname noname". Everything else, so far, seems to be working OK.

Any suggestions to where I've gone wrong?

Thanks.

Mirna

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Names not displaying
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 21:31:17 »
Did you set up the correct location of the BMPlayerDB.mdb file in the Admin Tab of the BridgePal Scoring screen in EBUScore ? It should be C:\BridgePal\xdb\BMPlayerDB.mdb. Also see BridgePal/EBUScore Guide (Initial Setup) on www.bridgepal.co.uk

You also need to make sure that in the BCS settings (BridgeMate II tab) "Name Source" should be set to "Player & EBU Names Table", or just "EBU Names Table" if just using national ids. If you check the BridgePal Server Settings screen after starting wireless scoring it should match this. BridgePal should then display the names corresponding to the national ids providing that the BMPlayerDB.mdb database has been populated by EBUScore. To do this on EBUScore click on "Player Database", then "Download EBU Database" after starting EBU Score.

Mirna
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 21:48:46 by Mirna »

DHDunford

• View Profile
Re: Names not displaying
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 17:28:16 »
Thanks, Mirna. I'm not sure which part of your advice did the trick - or in which order I had to do things - but I've now got names showing on the tablet. So, thank you very much.