Author Topic: EBU Score and Tablets out of sync  (Read 315 times)

DaveA

• View Profile
EBU Score and Tablets out of sync
« on: January 22, 2020, 16:05:27 »
We intend to use BridgePal at Stroud Bridge Club.  During a trial run, we found some odd behaviour.

The movement data were being sent to the tablets, and names and scores could be entered there however, when we pressed Print Rank or Print Travellers on the Reports page in EBU Score, none of these data appeared.  At the end of the movement, the tablets gave a final ranking, but still nothing in EBU score.  In desperation, we exited the event on EBU Score, exported the event and then imported it and found that we could now see the data on the Reports page.  However as a final surprise, the final ranking list in EBU score was different to that on the Tablets, although both claimed to have read all the scores.

I would appreciate any ideas about where we might have gone wrong. Thank you.

johng

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: EBU Score and Tablets out of sync
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 16:31:08 »
Is it possible that you did not leave EBU Score on the "BridgePal Scoring" screen while you were running the session ? EBU Score will only read results from the wireless database while on the scoring screen. If you switch to any other screen then it temporarily stops reading, but nothing is lost and the scores will be read from the database when you go back to the scoring screen.

I don't know why the ranking should differ from that on the tablets. One possibility is that you did not have the event on EBU Score set up to apply the Neuberg scoring adjustment. This setting is on the "Scoring" tab under "Event Details". There is a checkbox labelled "Simple Matchpoints (NOT Neuberg)". If this is ticked then EBU Score will not apply the Neuberg adjustment, but note that BridgePal always applies it.

I don't know whether anything could have gone wrong as a result of exporting and importing the event. Are you certain that the exported event contained all results from the wireless database (as per my first paragraph above) ? If you still have the original event, what you could do is restart it from EBU Score, and restart wireless scoring. From the "BridgePal Scoring" screen click on "Restart", "Yes", "Create Database", "Resume Existing Session 1". You could then use the "Read All Results" button, which should replace what is in the EBU Score database with all the results from the wireless database for this session. If you wish, you can also restart the BridgePal Server using the "Launch BPCS" button. This would enable you to connect using a BridgePal so that you can view the BridgePal Ranking list again and compare it with what you now see on the EBU Score report. If they still differ I can only suggest comparing the travellers on EBU Score and BridgePal to make sure they are identical (Actions/Change Scores on BridgePal Server will allow you to view the traveller for any board, from BridgePal's point of view).

John

DaveA

• View Profile
Re: EBU Score and Tablets out of sync
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 12:41:44 »
John

I think that my mistake is covered by your first point, as I did leave the BridgePal scoring screen to look up some members' club numbers.  We intend to go live with the system in a couple of weeks time and will make sure not to repeat that mistake.

Thank you for your help.

Dave